Happy Canada (Book Challenge) Day!

July 1st and we all know what that means!



Yes! It's the start of the new Canada Book Challenge!  Look at this year's logo! Isn't that the coolest thing ever?!! Way to go John!

The Challenge as always is to read 13 books between now and next Canada Day, well June 30, 2016.  As last year, I'm going to set my own personal challenge as I find reading 13 books gets done too soon.  My personal challenge this year is to read 13 mystery books by Canadian (ex-pat. included) authors.  Like always, I'll include all books I read for the challenge but won't consider the challenge completed until I've read the 13 mysteries.  I have a few authors I need to catch up on such as Alan Bradley & Linwood Barclay and then there are some famous Canadian mystery writers who I have embarrassingly never even read such as Louise Penny & Joy Fielding.  Then there are the numerous ones I've only read one book by such as Maureen Jennings and Gail Bowen.

Posts here.

My list will be updated here in real time:

1. Animal Man (New 52) Vol. 1: The Hunt by Jeff Lemire
2. Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. (New 52) Vol. 1: War of the Monsters by Jeff Lemire
3. Murder in the Family: The Dr. King Story by Dan Buchanan  (1 MYS)
4. Andreo's Race by Pam Withers
5. March Grand Prix: The Fast and the Furriest by Kean Soo
6. Teen Titans Go! Thunder and Lightning Strike! by J. Torres
7. Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe
8. Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay (2 MYS)
9. The Night Children by Sarah Tsiang
10. As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust by Alan Bradley (3 MYS)
11. I.O.U. Dead: A Keno Kalder Mystery by Michelle Wan (4 MYS)
12. The Country Boy Killer: The True Story of Cody Legebokoff, Canada's Teenage Serial Killer by J.T. Hunter (5 MYS)
13. Broken Promise by Linwood Barclay (6 MYS)
FINISHED!!!

I've read all 13 books but I still have to complete my personal challenge of 13 mysteries. I'm at 6. so not official yet.

14. Where I Belong by Alan Doyle
15. Child Soldier: When Boys and Girls Are Used in War by Michel Chikwanine & Jessica Dee Humphreys
16. The Killer Handyman: William Patrick Fyfe by C.L. Swinney (7 MYS)
17. About That Night by Norah McClintock (8 MYS)
18. Calls Across the Pacific by Zoë S. Roy
19. Not Quite the Classics by Colin Mochrie
20. The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong (9 MYS)
21. City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong (10 MYS)
22. Miracleville by Monique Polak
23. The Skeleton Tree by Iain Lawrence
24. Mean Girls Club by Ryan Heshka
25. All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews
26. Tales of Court and Castle by Joan Bodger
27. Millhouse by Natale Ghent
28. Russell Williams: The True Crime Case of the Canadian Air Force Colonel Serial Killer by Tyler Crane (11 MYS)
29. Far From True by Linwood Barclay (12 MYS)
30. Delilah Dirk and the King's Shilling by Tony Cliff
31. The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan (13 MYS)

Officially finished! 13 mysteries, personal challenge: MAR. 27, 2016

32. The Nameless City by Faith Erin Hicks
33. Clean Sweep! Frank Zamboni's Ice Machine by Monica Kulling
34. Fluffy Strikes Back by Ashley Spires
35. A Beauty by Connie Gault
36. We Are All Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen
37. The Tomorrow City by Monica Hughes
38. Trial by Fire by Norah McClintock
39. The Double Hook by Sheila Watson

Comments

Popular Posts